Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bookmarked

Photo from Delicious Magazine

So this conversation happened last week when we were eating butter chicken:

Parker: Mommy, wouldn't it be hilarious if we ate a chicken?
Me: Um... we are eating chicken buddy.
Parker (laughing): I know, but I mean if we killed a chicken with a head and feet and feathers and everything and then ate it.
Me (looking at Tyler for guidance and thinking this is defining moment in parenting): Well, here's the thing... We are eating a chicken that somebody killed, cut off the head and feet, plucked out the feathers, and then we bought it at the store to eat.
silence for a few moments
Parker: Oh, ok.

And he resumes eating his butter chicken. I've said it before and I'll say it again. My kid is awesome.

I found some beautiful and delicious recipes this week. Enjoy!

Cook's Illustrated Blondies via Food52 I think I'm going to make these for a work potluck next week

Fresh Spinach Pasta via Smitten Kitchen Another recipe from My Paris Kitchen. I think I need to buy this cook stat.

Warm Baby Veg Salad with Goats Cheese Curd and Sherry Vinaigrette via Delicious Magazine How beautiful is this salad? The photo just makes me happy.

Peach Raspberry Granola Crumble via Annie's Eats This is interesting because you make granola, which I do all the time anyway, then cook the fruit and top with granola at the end. 

Courgette Tart (Scarpaccia) from The Hairy Bikers Big Book of Baking via The Independent The pastry is kind of a pancake batter. Looks easy and delicious. Also, the name of this book is so fun, right?

Belgian Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake from The Hairy Bikers Big Book of Baking via Red Online What else needs to be said other than those four words?

Toad in the Hole from Fast, Fresh and Unbeliveably Delicious by Matt Preston via Taste Magazine
I've never eaten this classic British dish, but I'm putting it on the menu for this week with a salad- maybe the salad above! Tyler will be happy- his favorite food is Yorkshire Pudding, and this is basically yorkies baked with sausage. Serious comforting man-food.


No comments:

Post a Comment