Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bookmarked

Photo Credit: Neighbor Food
Every where you go it has been BACK TO SCHOOL for the last couple of weeks, hasn't it? Parker won't be starting school until next year so I will have wait one more year for fun school shopping (although I may buy myself a cute lunch bag- hey, I take my lunch to work every day to avoid eating crap in the cafeteria, I think I need something cute to carry my lunch in finally).

If you have school-aged kids you'll have seen the crazy creativity that's going on in lunch boxes these days. Good thing I have a year to brush up on my (currently non-existent) skills of making a sandwich into an owl... or a bear... or a mourning dove, or something equally as ridiculous.

Back To School Lunch Tips via Boulder Lovacore These tips are doable. And I want the cute hard boiled egg molds for myself.

Apple, Bacon, Dubliner Cheese Stuffed French Toast via Neighbor Food Yum

Gingerbread Cake via Yummy Mummy Club As soon as fall sets in I am making this cake.

Curried Vegetable Lentil Soup via Fitness Magazine Again, once the temperature drops I am making a big batch of this to stick in the freezer for lunches. You'd think I was looking forward to summer being over or something (I emphatically am not!)

Bangers and Mash with Parmesan Polenta via All You Need is Cheese Have we talked about how much I love polenta? It must be in my blood, a quarter of which is Italian. Although that does beg the question why the Estonian part of me doesn't crave, say, smoked herring. Like, ever.

Homemade Merguez Sausage via Serious Eats Some girls ask for jewellery for Christmas, some ask for a day at the spa... I asked for a meat grinder. Bring on the homemade sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment