Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh-Ma-Gah-Good Granola



I've bookmarked and cut out of tons of recipes for granola. I finally made some and I'm sorry I waited so long. I now crave this stuff. This particular recipe- via Bitchincamero, via the New York Times- is so good. Not too sweet due to the olive oil, perfectly crunchy, just a hint of gingery spice. Oh, and maple syrup is one of my favorite things. The granola smells so delicious while it is baking I dare you not to try some every time you take it out of the oven to stir it around (you know, just to make sure it's cooking ok). I eat it with plain Greek yogurt (Astro Balkan Style Yogurt is a good grocery store option) at work as a snack. Actually, I didn't have time to eat a snack at work today. I'm going to have some right now. Out.

OLIVE OIL GRANOLA
Adapted from Bitchincamero who adapted from the New York Times
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds 
  • 1 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. cardamom
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 300°. Mix all the ingredients, except for the cranberries, in a large bowl.
Spread the oats onto a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven when the oats are crisp and golden.
Toss with the cranberries and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment