SALAD ON A STICK
Any kind of salad would work here. Just cut everything into bite sized pieces and stack on a toothpick. I got the tray and appetizer spoons for Christmas and I love them, but shot glasses would work just as well. Also feel free to come up with a more elegant name for this recipe.
Greek Salad on a Stick: cucumber, red onion, olive, feta. Dressing = olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, dried oregano, garlic, salt, pepper
Caprese Salad on a Stick: halved cherry tomatoes, bocconcini cheese, fresh basil. Dressing = olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
FLANK STEAK TACOS
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb flank steak per person
- small tortillas
- juice and zest 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- pickled hot pepper rings
Mix marinade in a large Ziploc bag. Marinade steak 3 hours, turning and massaging meat a few times during this time.
Grill over high direct heat 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove onto a platter, cover with foil, and let meat rest for at least 10 minutes. While meat is resting, wrap tortillas in foil, about 10 per package to ensure they will all get heated through. Place on grill on indirect heat until ready to serve.
GRILLED CORN SALSA
- 3 ears corn
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to season
LEMON STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES
- pound cake, store bought or I use this recipe from Serious Eats
- lemon curd, I used this recipe
- strawberries, halved or quartered and tossed with a little sugar
- whipped cream
For each serving, cut a slice of cake in half. Place one half on a plate, spread with some lemon curd, top with strawberries, other half of cake, and whipped cream.