Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been on the library waiting list seemingly forever for the book Good to the Grain by Kim Boyce. So decided to Google it. I had wanted to read, and perhaps buy, this book from all the reviews that I've seen online so I figured there must be other bloggers out there who have (ahem) "borrowed" some recipes. Right I was. I am still going to wait for the book from the library, but I think I have already concluded from all the recipe reviews on other blogs that I want to buy it. Apparently blogging is now the highest form of flattery, with a close second from imitation.

These whole wheat chocolate chip cookies were the recipe that I came across the most, so obviously this was the recipe I had to try first. When I went to save it in my favorites I realized that I'd already saved the recipe almost a year ago. Molly of Orangette had written about these cookies and as is usually the case with her writing, I knew I had to try them. And promptly forgot about the recipe of course.

The recipe differs from a lot of other whole wheat baked goods in that it is all whole wheat flour used- usually it is half white and half wheat. All whole wheat flour makes the cookies taste almost like an oatmeal cookie. They are really good. This recipe will not replace my go-to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but I will make it again for sure. Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies sound so healthy and virtuous, don't they. Ha. What if I told you there was a cup each of butter and sugar? Not so healthy now, are you little cookie?

Two Years Ago: Aloha Pork Kebabs


Get the recipe HERE from Orangette

NOTE: I always spinkle a little fleur de sel on the top of each cookie before baking whenever I make chocolate chip cookies. I'm really into the salty-sweet thing. If you happen to have some fleur de sel (foodies- I'm looking at you) try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment