Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baby Food Part 3: Toddler Food

Toast with jam: delicious but messy
I know every toddler is different, and mine seems to to really different as you will see in the list of foods he loves below, but I figured I'd give a quick run down of the foods that Parker loves (and hates). Although he is a pretty good eater, he has his moments, and in those moments I need a list like this. Hopefully I can help just a bit with feeding your "opinionated" toddler.

I have also found that if I can get him to eat a bite or two of whatever I am serving somewhere other than his high chair (sitting on the floor, while holding him, sitting on the counter), he will eat the rest sitting in his chair. Luckily, a pretty healthy meal can be made of bits and pieces of things he does like- today he had half an apple, some cheese, crackers, and tomatoes for lunch, for example.

I have just found in the last few days that he loves smoothies, so this is a God-send. You can hide anything in a smoothie. I was nervous to give him a cup with a straw, being that I hate messes (haha welcome to toddler years Amy) but if you take the non-spilly part out of a sippy cup and the smoothie is, well, smooth, it can be drunk that way just fine. With no mess. Score one for Mommy.

Likes:
Peas
Corn
Tomatoes
Pasta
All fruit
Avacado
Crackers
Cheese (we are going slow with dairy, but so far so good!)
Sweet and Sour Cabbage
Beans
Lentils
Rice
Ketchup
Plum Sauce
Sweet Potatoes
Ham, Spinach, Cheese Stata
Tuna on crackers
Toast
Stuffed potatoes
Tomato Sauce
Omellette
Smoothies
Potato Vegetable Cakes
Chicken Pot Pie
Pancakes
French toast

Will Tolerate (Sometimes):
Chicken Fingers
Poached Chicken
Zucchini
Hard boiled eggs

Hates:
Broccoli (we may have to try it in a smoothie soon- I'll report back)
Onions
Yogurt

One Year Ago: Creamy Vegetable Soup
Two Years Ago: Not much was happening in March... sorry?

No comments:

Post a Comment