Monday, April 16, 2012

Blogging for Newbies

The title is actually a bit misleading. I'm not going to tell you how to write a blog- I barely have that down- but rather how to read and interact with a blog. My blog. Selfish? Yes. But you gotta look out for numero uno, non? (Yes, that was English, Spanish, and French all in one sentence).

Example 1

Example 2
So, first off. Comments. Either click on Comments at the bottom of each post (example 1), or click on the post title to open the post on a page of it's own and the comments will be at the bottom of the page (example 2). You can comment on every post. It's more fun that way. I get to know what you like (or don't like, but be nice). Maybe you have a question about the recipe. Perhaps you'd like to let me know you tried a recipe and how it turned out. Maybe you just want to say hi and tell me how awesome I am. That's ok too.

If you do not have a Google account, you will be commenting as anonymous, but you can put your name at the end of your comment if you like. Or sign up for a Google account. Which every way you do it, just do it. Please? I want to feel the love!




Do you forget about me sometimes? Alright, you're only human so I forgive you. Did you know that you can get new posts via email? Yes! And for the low low price of FREE. Clicking on subscribe will take you Feedburner (also a Google entity- don't worry it's safe) where you put in your email address, complete the annoying Captcha, and you're done! You can also subscribe via RSS or Atom, of course, but if you know what I'm talking about you don't need this tutorial.




There is also the inevitable Facebook page, of course. Whenever I complete a new post I also share it on Facebook. Go ahead and "Like" me on Facebook. I would love to get to even just 100 "likes". It's just a nice round number. Help me out, stay informed. It's a win win.



Got all that? Great. Now let me walk you through a few other features that will help you to fully experience Four Seasons Kitchen (or most other blogs too. Traitor).

At the bottom of each post there are labels (also called Tags). It's kind of like an index to categorize the recipe or post. Click on a label to see all posts tagged with that label. There is also a list of labels on the right hand side of Four Seasons Kitchen where you can also click to see all posts with a certain label. 

Looking for more posts? At the bottom of each page there is link to Older Posts. You could follow Older Posts all the way back to the very first post on Four Seasons Kitchen. You can see all posts cronologically under Archives on the right side as well. To get back to Four Seasons Kitchen home page click Home at the bottom of the page, or click on Four Seasons Kitchen header in the photo at the top of every page.


Knowing is half the battle. Now that you are armed with the knowledge go forth and conquer.

1 comment:

  1. for the record ... here is a comment!! (NOT my first, also for the record)
    :)

    ReplyDelete