Friday, April 13, 2012

Cleanse Day 4

I have decided that this cleanse is going to last a total of 4 days. That's the better part of a week. I can't avoid dairy all weekend. I just can't. Plus, as you will see in my upcoming Bookmarked This Week post, there are just too many good things I want to make and eat this weekend (where to begin!?! Perhaps with one of these epic grilled cheeses).

So. With Day 4 behind me, hello coffee this morning! I think if I was giving up coffee and dairy and such for good would actually be easier, but knowing that there is an end in made it really tough. I knew this already, but this week confirmed it- I have an all or nothing mentality. Tyler can attest to that. My mantra is "If you going to do something, do it right or not at all". Type A much?

Thursday Day 4

Breakfast: Smoothie with strawberries, kale, avocado, protein powder, almond milk. Herbal tea.

Lunch: Crispy Potato, Onion and Mushroom Rosti. This, as you can see from the terrible photo, turned out more like a hash than a rosti (which should be like a giant, crispy potato pancake the photo in the link to the recipe is way more appetizing). Next time I will use a non-stick skillet rather than the cast iron pan. Still delicious either way though.

Snack: Carrot Cake (see Day 3) and tea.

Snack (yes, again): dark chocolate

Dinner: Left over Black Bean Taquito (Day 3) and left over fried rice (Day 2). More carrot cake. And more dark chocolate. Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment