Friday, April 20, 2012

Bookmarked This Week

Photo Credit: Bon Appetit
I have 24 hours (I'm halfway in) to bake 7 zucchini bread, 3 banana bread, 3 pumpkin-cranberry loaves, and 4 multi-grain breads. Is this a baking marathon challenge? Am I having a party? No, this is an order for my fledgling side business, Baking By Amy. Ultimately, I want to work with food as a full time job, so this is attempt #1. I have other ideas if this doesn't work out (and unless I open a bakery I don't see how it would constitute a full time job, really).

Oh, and within that given 24 hours I work at my real job for 4 hours tonight. So forgive me for no real post today. Lucky for you, I've found some good recipes in my Internet travels this week. Enjoy!

Deals on Meals: 5 dinners for $100 from Bon Appetit This is our menu for this week. All the recipes look great. 

Sweet Melissa Baking Book recipes from Tastespotting A roundup of recipes from this book from around the web with beautiful photos. I had this book checked out of the library a while ago and it was fantastic.

ABCs of Potty Training from Baby Centre Not food related, obviously, but Parker is 20 months old and it may be time to start thinking about potty training. This list of tips is one of the best I've found. Let me know if you have anything that worked for you!

Corn and Bacon Pie from Bon Appetit (Photo above) That just sounds like summer

Confetti Corn Muffins with Cream Cheese "Frosting" from Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Cute

Cinnamon, Sugar, and Coffee Roasted Chickpeas from Baking Serendipity I would have never thought to make these sweet, but they sound awesome

Petite Vanilla Scones from Pioneer Woman Like the ones at Starbucks!

Toasted Coconut Ice Cream from Amateur Gourmet There's a pineapple upside down cake recipe in there too, but I came for the ice cream

Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting from Adventures in Baking Just look at this frosting! I am in awe of the beautiful purple frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment